Category : ibafyecsr

State Employees Set Goal to Donate over $3 Million to Charities in Eight Weeks

first_img Government That Works,  Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Commonwealth employees will attempt to raise $3.15 million in eight weeks for charitable organizations through their annual workplace giving campaign, known as the State Employee Combined Appeal (SECA).“State employees are challenging themselves again this year to raise millions of dollars for charities,” said Governor Wolf. “The collective impact of their generosity is felt by hundreds of organizations working to help people in our communities and across the world.”From September 4 to October 26, 2018, state employees will be able to donate to the participating charities of their choice through payroll deductions or one-time pledges. For the fourth year in a row, the Governor will pledge his entire salary through SECA.Last year, more than 14,200 employees donated just over $3 million, with a third of all donors choosing to be Leadership Givers by pledging the equivalent of at least a half-hour or one hour of pay per month for a year.During its 41-year history, the SECA program has distributed over $100 million in state employee donations to hundreds of participating charities.“In addition to benefiting many worthy causes, workplace charitable giving campaigns like SECA are an effective way to boost morale and engage employees,” said Secretary of Administration Sharon Minnich, whose office oversees the SECA program.In order to receive donations through SECA, charities must be registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State and meet other program guidelines. State Employees Set Goal to Donate over $3 Million to Charities in Eight Weeks September 05, 2018center_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

UK companies may need to ‘step up’ deficit contributions

first_img“However, given the movements in financial markets over the last six months and the implications of Brexit, it seems likely we will see a move back to the contribution levels required post financial crisis.”Griggs said the future funding needed to meet DB pension obligations was another unwelcome area of uncertainty magnified by the vote to leave the EU.In the 2015 research, the firm said projected pension payments from DB obligations remained stable, with more than £1.4trn expected to be paid over the next 60-plus years to former staff.It said the £630bn in assets held to meet these obligations had performed well in absolute and real terms over the last few years. “However,” it warned, “falling Gilt yields means future investment returns on these assets are assumed to be considerably lower, and, consequently, companies are going to have make up the gap.”Over the last three years, fewer companies have made very large one-off contributions to their DB schemes, according to the research, with just two companies making contributions of more than £500m in 2015 compared with eight in 2009.“FTSE 350 companies play an important part in supporting their former employees in their retirement with payments of more than £20bn being made to pensioners in 2015,” Griggs said, adding that this was a significant amount compared with the sum of around £90bn paid by the government in state pensions. UK companies included in the FTSE 350 index paid £8bn (€9.6bn) into their defined benefit (DB) pension schemes in 2015 to reduce deficits, a similar amount to that paid in each of the last three years but markedly lower than the level seen in the post-financial crisis years, according to new research.Consultancy Barnett Waddingham said it conducted research that showed the aggregate level of deficit-plugging contributions by the country’s top 350 companies was still well below the £12bn per annum paid in 2009, 2010 and 2011.It questioned how long sponsoring companies would be able to continue with this lower level of contribution given the extreme uncertainty following the EU referendum and falling Gilt yields.Nick Griggs, Barnett Waddingham’s head of corporate consulting, said: “Over the last three years, aggregate deficit contributions paid by FTSE 350 companies have remained stable. last_img read more

Former Gold Coast prize home sells under the hammer

first_img1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga.Bidding started at $1.3 million before quickly climbing to just over $1.8 million when proceedings were briefly paused.The buyers’ increased bid sealed the deal.Marketing agent Troy Dowker, of Ray White Mermaid Beach, said the level of interest in the Pacific Pde residence made him quietly confident it would sell at auction.Throughout the month it was on the market, Mr Dowker said there were a few prospective buyers who inspected the property multiple times and asked for copies of the contract.MORE: Epic reno transforms ‘ramshackle’ 1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga.The main bedroom on the top floor also has a balcony overlooking the water.Mr Dowker described Bilinga as a “highly sought after lifestyle location” that was becoming increasingly popular.“It’s got a lot of charm and a relaxing vibe about it,” he said.He said interstate buyers had told him they never knew the suburb existed until recently.Like many beachside suburbs in the south, the median sale price in Bilinga is increasing at a rapid rate, helping it build a reputation of its own.The median sale price for a house in the suburb has jumped 12 per cent in the past year and 90.3 per cent in the past five years to $885,000.The median unit price has seen a more moderate increase of 2.9 per cent in the past year and 48.1 per cent in the past five years to $553,750. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59 1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga.A GOLD Coast couple are the lucky new owners of a beachfront prize home, but they didn’t win it.The three-storey Bilinga villa, which was a former prize home, sold under the hammer on Saturday.The buyers outbid four other house hunters to snap it up for $1.865 million.Up to 50 spectators crowded into the house’s garage and spilled onto the street to watch the auction unfold. “We look at everything (based) on buyer behaviour,” he said.“Leading into that I knew I had five prospective buyers.”The new villa is part of a duplex and has four bedrooms and three bathrooms.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa14 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoThe main living area is on the second level where an open plan kitchen, dining and lounge room flows onto an ocean view balcony. 1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga.center_img 1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga. 1/230 Pacific Pde, Bilinga. MORE: Why this house is the most viewed in Queensland “It’s a great part of the world,” Mr Dowker said.“It’s really stepped out from its neighbouring suburbs.”A few suburbs north, a rundown fisherman’s hut with an extensive history also sold under the hammer at the weekend.The Currumbin Waters property on Michel Drive was snapped up for $885,000 at auction.The house was built by Bruce Buchanan in 1956 where he lived until earlier this year.The builder was an avid fisherman who took advantage of the underdeveloped riverside land overlooking Currumbin Creek.last_img read more

COSCO Shipping Heavy Industry Wins Tanker Duo Order

first_imgChina’s COSCO Shipping Heavy Industry has signed an agreement for the construction of two 49,900 dwt crude oil tankers.Under the deal, agreed with compatriot COSCO Shipping Energy Transportation, the Dalian shipyard would build and deliver the units by September 2021.The parties said that the units have a value of around USD 33.9 each. The shipbuilding contract was signed in Shanghai in late September 2019.COSCO Shipping Heavy Industry noted that the tankers feature reduced fuel consumption, low-carbon environmental protection, hull optimization and strong cargo suitability compared with the existing similar vessels.World Maritime News Staff; Image Courtesy: COSCO Shipping Heavy Industrylast_img

Immigration Minister voices “extreme concern” over allegations of sex trafficking

first_imgImmigration New Zealand deports migrants engaging in illegal sex workStuff co.nz 6 June 2018Immigration Minister Iain Lees-Galloway says he’s “extremely concerned by the numerous allegations of sex trafficking”, as Immigration New Zealand (INZ) deports dozens of illegal sex workers.During the past three years, INZ has served deportation liability notices to 38 people on temporary visas who were found to be engaging in sex work.Of those 38, 27 have been deported or have left voluntarily, while the other 11 are awaiting an outcome on their case.The deportations and warnings come as the Government continues to make migrant worker exploitation a priority, but the Prostitutes Collective says the law barring people on temporary visas from engaging in sex work is discriminatory, and deportation is stigmatising.Lees-Galloway said he was worried about sex trafficking and sex worker exploitation, and had asked INZ to give him regular updates on its work in the area.“It’s a matter that Immigration New Zealand takes very seriously and I’m satisfied they’re making good efforts to stamp out these practices.“Eliminating the exploitation of migrants is one of my top priorities.READ MORE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/104458021/Immigration-New-Zealand-deports-migrants-engaging-in-illegal-sex-work?cid=app-iPhonelast_img read more

Iheanacho extends Leicester City FA Cup scoring record

first_img Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With Kelechi Iheanacho scored his seventh goal of the season for Leicester City in Saturday’s FA Cup game against Brentford. Kelechi Iheanacho  In the game played at Griffin Park, the Nigerian handed the Foxes a fourth-minute lead thanks to an assist from James Justin. Praet’s wonderful pass comes to Justin, who crosses for Iheanacho, and the Nigerian duly converts! #BreLei Iheanacho’s left-footed shot from inside the six-yard box beat goalkeeper Luke Daniels after he received a cross from the defender. With that, the 23-year-old has now scored nine goals in his nine FA Cup starts, including from his days as a Manchester City player.Advertisement Despite dominating possession against Thomas Frank’s team, the first-half ended 1-0 in favour of the King Power Stadium outfit. Victory for Brendan Rodger’s men will send them into the fifth round of the competition. For the Nigerian, he would be hoping to extend his goal tally when Leicester visit Aston Villa for Tuesday’s English League Cup semi-final return leg. After that, they host Chelsea in a crunch English Premier League showdown on February 1. Read Also:Tielemans: Iheanacho has the quality to replace Jamie Vardy The former English champions are third in the English top-flight log with 48 points from 24 outings. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Loading… last_img read more

Virus renews safety concerns on slaughtering wild animals

first_imgThe suspected origin? The same type ofmarket. BEIJING – China cracked down on the saleof exotic species after an outbreak of a new virus in 2002 was linked tomarkets selling live animals. The germ turned out to be a coronavirus thatcaused SARS. Police look at items seized from store suspected of trafficking wildlife in Guangde city in central China’s Anhui Province in this Jan. 9, 2020 photo. As China enforces a temporary ban on the wildlife trade to contain the outbreak of a new virus, many are calling for a more permanent solution before disaster strikes again. ANTI-POACHING SPECIAL SQUAD VIA AP The ban was later lifted, and theanimals reappeared. Now another coronavirus is spreading through China, so farkilling 1,380 people and sickening more than 64,000 — eight times the numbersickened by SARS. With more than 60 million people underlockdown in more than a dozen Chinese cities, the new outbreak is promptingcalls to permanently ban the sale of wildlife, which many say is being fueledby a limited group of wealthy people who consider the animals delicacies. Thespreading illness also serves as a grim reminder that how animals are handledanywhere can endanger people everywhere. (AP)last_img read more

Bacolod diocese suspends clergy gatherings

first_imgGesulgon also revealed that parishes and chaplaincies in the diocese agreed to organize a Holy Hour starting July 27, during President Rodrigo Duterte’s fifth State of the National Address.Priests will read the official statement of the Diocese of Bacolod on the denial of franchise application of ABS-CBN.The diocese will also use the Holy Hour as part of the continuing call of Bishop Patricio Buzon for “prayerful vigilance.”/PN BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGABACOLOD City –With the rising number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the city and parts of Negros Occidental, the Diocese of Bacolod yesterday suspended all diocesan clergy gatherings. In a statement issued Friday, Diocese Chancellor-Secretary Reverend Fr. Roy Christian Gesulgon said the suspension would be effective until further notice.However, Gesulgon said Vicariate meetings would still be permissible as long as minimum health protocols issued by the government are followed.Reverend Fr. Lou-an Torrefranca made the resolution. This was seconded by Fr. Julius Espinosa, with the majority of all the members present voting for its adoption.last_img read more

Bulldogs Middle School Team Take On Chargers

first_imgThe Seventh Grade Batesville Bulldogs suffered their first loss of the season to North Decatur by a score of 29-27.  The Bulldogs started off sluggish and never really got any offense going.  Leading is scoring for Batesville was Jack Grunkemeyer with 11, Sam Johnson with 9, Conner Drake with 4, and finally Chris Lewis with 3.  The Dogs are now 4 and 1 on the season.The 8th Grade Boys Basketball team lost their third game of the season at North Decatur by a score of 57-25. The Chargers pressed all night against the Bulldogs and forced a lot of turnovers throughout the game. Offensively, Jackson Renck led the way with 12 points, followed by Lyle Oesterling (5), Bryson Bonelli (4), Max Baumer (3), and Will Sherwood (1). The Bulldogs now move to 2-3 on the season as they host Greendale for their third game this week.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Ben Pierson.last_img read more

Meyer wins fourth straight at Off Road

first_imgBy Randy Pospishilsports@norfolkdailynews.comNORFOLK, Neb. (May 27) – With the biggest crowd ever at Off Road Speedway, an estimated 1,000 spectators, Ramsey Meyer extended his local victory string to four wins in four tries Satur­day in the Mach-1 Sport Compact division.After taking the lead three laps into the 15-lap race, Nate DeSive won his first local IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock feature of the season.The IMCA Sunoco Stock Car feature ended with its fourth different winner in four nights of racing as Jason Wilkinson edged Chad Bruns in a green, white, checkered finish for his first Norfolk win of the year.Colby Langenberg bounced back from a third-place finish last week to win the Karl Chevrolet North­ern SportMod feature, getting to the front to lead the last eight laps of the 15-lap race.last_img read more

12311