Category : fofabvlic

Cappelli: Tourism will no longer be what it used to be. We have to get used to it and do marketing and all other actions in that direction

first_img“Tourism will no longer be what it used to be, nor will our life. They will be different, they will be more careful. Unfortunately we may hang out less. Our lives will change, tourism will change. We have to get used to it and do marketing and all other actions in that direction ”said Gary Capelli. He points out that all new decisions and measures will be notified to caterers and everyone else in tourism in a timely manner. “You see the advantage of the Headquarters, the whole epidemiological situation and the people who worked, the Government that listened and worked. We are recognized throughout Europe and the world, especially by our neighbors, for controlling the situation and being a safe country. That’s why people want to come. This is proof that the Government has managed to control the situation”Says Capelli. When asked how Croatia will attract guests, Capelli said that there is a program prepared for that. ”Next week, the Tourist Board will give the green light and we will be ready when we go into negotiations with any country to invest in PR marketing and those security things that are happening in CroatiaSaid the Minister of Tourism. “We did most of that last week. It is now up to epidemiologists to sit down together and hone it down to the finest detail. We from the profession are all who sat at the table made every detail. But as this is an impossible situation, everything we plan to work anyway can collapse within 24 hours. However, our goal is to do it all”, Said Capelli.center_img How Croatian tourism is preparing to get out of quarantine in Dnevnik New TV explained Tourism Minister Gary Capelli. When asked what could be opened first, Gary Capelli says they are in favor of those outdoor activities – nature parks, camps…last_img read more

We’ll see to the bubbly, darling

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Quintain tops NAV charts with 17% rise

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

At Hannover, Indonesia to show its mettle in Industry 4.0

first_imgBeing a partner country of Hannover Messe 2020, Indonesia will feature more than 170 exhibitors, which will demonstrate their industrial capability during the annual trade fair to be held in the German city on April 20-24.Indonesian Ambassador to Germany Arif Havas Oegroseno said the country’s industrial players, which had been selected by an interdepartmental team at home, would not only showcase their achievements in Industry 4.0 technology, but would also offer business and investment opportunities to the world.“We believe that strong cooperation and connections between supply and value chain providers will further accelerate the world’s economic growth,” Arief told a media conference Wednesday. Last year Indonesia launched its ambitious “Making Indonesia 4.0” campaign, highlighting the rapid transformation toward the fourth industrial revolution that it needs to become the world’s 10-largest economy by 2030. The national industrial shift is supported by a strong digital economy, as evident in its fast growing e-commerce and fintech sectors. Google and Temasek have projected Indonesia’s digital economy to cross the US$130 billion mark by 2025 from the current $40 billion.Arief said the huge market, productive and talented population, abundance in natural resources and space, and political stability would boost Indonesia’s value as a place to invest and do business in during this digital era.In the five-day event, Indonesia will occupy a large part of Hall 21, where organizers will set up a real, working 5G network, according to Deutsche Messe CEO Jochen Köckler. For the second year running, Hannover Messe will see 5G testbed infrastructure.“Network equipment providers and users use the testbed to demonstrate the kinds of functionality that the new mobile telephony standard will be able to deliver,” Köckler said.Some 5,500 companies from across the world will take part in the trade fair. Under the lead theme of “Industrial Transformation”, the upcoming show will spotlight all the latest trends and topics, such as Industry 4.0, artificial intelligence, 5G and smart logistics.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is scheduled to attend the opening of the event as part of his trip to Germany aimed at boosting ties between the two countries. (amd)Topics :last_img read more

Valencia, Espanyol, Mallorca confirm positive tests for coronavirus

first_imgAccording to La Liga protocol for returning teams, training at all three clubs will have to be done individually until a second round of tests is carried out.It continues a rise in the number of confirmed infections among La Liga sides after Atletico Madrid’s Sime Vrsaljko and Angel Correa both tested positive on Saturday. Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz and Sevilla midfielder Nemanja Gudelj have also been infected in the last two weeks. La Liga’s top flight completed the 2019/20 season on July 19 and the plan is for the 2020/21 campaign to begin on September 12, following the conclusion of the Champions League and Europa League.  Valencia, Espanyol and Real Mallorca all reported positive cases for coronavirus on Tuesday, as Spanish clubs begin returning for pre-season.Valencia confirmed two individuals have been infected while tests at Espanyol and Mallorca, who have both been relegated to the second division, revealed one positive case each.The identities of the individuals have been kept anonymous. They are all isolating at home and the Spanish health authorities have been notified. Spain is one of the worst-hit countries by the pandemic and has seen an increase in cases in recent weeks. The Spanish health ministry on Monday reported 8,618 new coronavirus infections since Friday and 65 deaths from the virus over the previous seven days.Valencia were starting their pre-season preparations this week under new coach Javi Gracia, who was appointed two weeks ago following the sacking of Albert Celades in June. They were one of the first clubs to confirm cases of coronavirus in March, when 35 percent of the squad, including players and coaches, tested positive after playing a Champions League match against Atalanta in Italy at the end of February. Valencia finished ninth in La Liga after a miserable season for the club, during which supporters grew increasingly disillusioned with the ownership of Singaporean businessman Peter Lim. A club statement on Tuesday confirmed the two positive cases for coronavirus. “The PCR and blood serum tests carried out on Monday for the first team, coaching staff and employees have detected two positive cases of COVID-19,” it read. “Those who have tested positive will remain isolated in their homes, in accordance with La Liga and club protocols. The health authorities have been informed immediately of their status. “From the start of this health crisis, Valencia have given special importance to measures to halt the expansion of the pandemic, and will maintain a strict protocol to which all members of the club are completely committed.” center_img Topics :last_img read more

Shooting incident kills 1, injures 2

first_imgBACOLOD City – A man was killed and twoothers were wounded in a shooting incident in Barangay 2, San Carlos City,Negros Occidental. The victims were rushed to the SanCarlos City hospital where the attending physician declared Mercado as “dead onarrival.” BY MAE SINGUAY AND CYRUS GARDE Nole Mercado lies on the ground after he was shot to death by two unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen in Barangay 2, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental on March 12. CYRUS GARDE/PN Danilo and Rowene, on the other hand,were inside the restaurant when they were hit by the stray bullets, it added. center_img Police identified the fatality as48-year-old Nole Mercado of Barangay Rizal, San Carlos City. The 47-year-oldDanilo Dollentes and his wife Rowena – residents of Barangay Mabigo, CanlaonCity sustained gunshot wounds on the body, a police report showed. According to police investigators,Mercado was buying fruits beside a gas station when two unidentified motorcycle-ridinggunmen fired at him several times around 1:30 p.m. on March 12. Officers of the San Carlos City policestation have yet to identify the suspects and the motive in the shooting./PNlast_img read more

McClean: I will learn from mistakes

first_img McClean was catapulted into the limelight when O’Neill handed him a debut as a substitute in his first game in charge at the Stadium of Light in December 2011, and his introduction sparked a revival which saw the Black Cats overturn a 1-0 deficit to beat Blackburn 2-1. The Irishman had previously had to be patient with Steve Bruce, the man who paid Derry City £350,000 for his services during the previous August, reluctant to throw him in at the deep end. However, McClean prospered under O’Neill to the extent that he not only won a first senior cap for his country, but forced his way into the squad for last summer’s Euro 2012 finals. But last season proved a difficult time for him as his form on the pitch dipped amid a series of well-publicised off-the-field issues. McClean said: “It was a bit of a whirlwind first six months, amazing, top of the world, and then a lot of things happened in between then. But it will help me as a person. I will learn from all that and it will put me in good stead for the future. “It was all new to me – I was still the same lad as I was from my time at Derry and that kind of went against me. I want to continue to just be me, and what comes with that comes with that. But I have learnt to not say too much.” McClean set up two of his country’s four goals in Sunday’s friendly victory over Georgia, and is desperate to play a part in the World Cup qualifier against the Faroe Islands on Friday night. He said: “The other day gave me a bit of confidence with the two assists, so hopefully if I am called upon again I will do a job.” James McClean admits to feeling guilty for the trouble he has put Giovanni Trapattoni and Martin O’Neill through. Having already found himself at the centre of controversy for opting to represent Ireland rather than his native Northern Ireland, the 24-year-old Ireland winger has repeatedly landed himself in hot water as a result of messages posted on social networking site Twitter, and his refusal to wear a Remembrance Day poppy on his shirt. Both Trapattoni and former Sunderland manager O’Neill have had cause to reprimand him as a result, and the message appears to have finally hit home. McClean said: “Both Martin O’Neill and the manager (Trapattoni) have had a word in the past. I feel a bit bad now because I haven’t been the easiest. But I take that on board and I think I have matured a bit in the last few months, and I will continue to hopefully do that.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Nigeria to Tackle Sudan for Final AFCON U-23 Slot

first_imgSudan have emerged as the last opponents Nigeria’s Olympic Eagles will face to get a slot to the CAF U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in November this year. An impressive defensive display coupled with time wasting from the visiting Sudan helped them hold Kenya’s Emerging Stars to a goalless draw and qualify for the 2019 Africa U2-3 Cup of Nations third round qualifiers.With Sudan winning the first leg last week by 2-0, they thus advance on aggregate score line for the final round scheduled for June. The aggregate winner will book a ticket at the eight-team tournament in Egypt November this year.Nigeria had on Monday saw off Libya. Nigeria will be away to Sudan on June 5 before hosting the final leg on June 9. In qualifying to face Nigeria, Sudan put up defensive strategies to overcome Kenya. They were coached by former Gor Mahia and AFC Leopards Croatian coach, Zdravko Logarusic. “My boys were motivated, that’s the spirit I instil in my teams, but Kenya is a very good team,” Kenya’s The Nation quoted the Sudan coach, Logarusic to have said.“In this tournament you must score at home and that was their main undoing, they had three clear chances which they should’ve put away,” he added.His opposite number Francis Kimanzi was disappointed after his charges failed to put the ball behind the net after 180 minutes.“Compared to the first leg, I think today we created so many scoring chances but were unlucky not to convert,” he said.“Of course the boys looked to be a little bit under pressure because we were chasing the game,” added the Mathare United coach.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

USC researchers help refine eHarmony’s dating survey

first_imgeHarmony, a dating website, has recruited two researchers from the USC Information Sciences Institute to shorten the matchmaking process for its users.Aram Galstyan, a research director for data science and machine learning at the Information Sciences Institute, and Greg Ver Steeg, a research assistant professor, are applying quantum mechanics to the eHarmony algorithm that assess personality traits and psychological qualities. Consistent with eHarmony’s slogan, “#1 Trusted Dating Site for Like-Minded Singles,” the dating network matches users with compatible individuals through an algorithm. Upon creation of an account, the dating network prompts the users with a series of questions about their personalities and relationship preferences. The information gathered from this diagnostic is then used to build the user’s profile. eHarmony uses the completed profile to find psychologically harmonious matches, which show up in the user’s email the morning after.eHarmony has decreased their survey from 500 questions to 145 questions, but Galstyan and Ver Steeg hope to get the number even lower in the future.“The ultimate goal of our research is to develop efficient computational tools extracting useful knowledge from very high-dimensional, complex data,” Galstyan said. “Specifically, we assume that regularities in such data are often described by a small set of hidden factors, so our objective is to infer those factors. When applied to behavioral data such as psychological questionnaires, those factors describe things like personality types.”According to eHarmony’s “Married Couples by the Numbers” report, 71 percent of female users and 69 percent of male users find their future spouse on eHarmony within a year of creating a profile. Five percent of marriages in the United States started as relationships through eHarmony. The divorce rate for these marriages is 3.86 percent while the national average is about 50 percent, according to the American Psychological Association. This is largely due to the preliminary questionnaire presented to the user. It acts as a curator, finding the right match for each user.However, at 500 questions long, many users dislike the length of the questionnaire. “A lot of people give up before they make it through the whole list,” Ver Steeg said. “For eHarmony, it means they lose a lot of customers. The question is how to find the best trade-off. What is the smallest set of questions that will identify a good set of potential partners?”Cutting certain questions can risk omitting some of the user’s information that is necessary to successfully find a potentially long-lasting partner. This chance proved that there must be a shorter and more direct method to find the right partner while still upholding the comprehensiveness and success of the questionnaire.Galstyan and Ver Steeg have produced a simplification through a process called Total Correlation Explanation, or CorEx. “The ‘explanation’ is to find some hidden factor that would explain how all these relationships came about,” Ver Steeg said. “For instance, if you saw that the days your friends carry an umbrella to class are very correlated, you could posit a hidden factor, in this case ‘rain,’ that explains all the correlations you observed. A similar thing happens for questionnaires and surveys. How you respond to the question of how much you enjoy parties is correlated to how well you can strike up conversations. The ‘hidden factor’ that seems to explain your answers to these questions is usually called extroversion.”A previous version of this article stated that Galstyan and Ver Steeg were responsible for the reduction in eHarmony’s survey questions from 500 to 145. They were not part of this reduction process. The Daily Trojan regrets the error.last_img read more

1236